We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
Position may be located in Chicago, IL or Phoenix, AZ
Under the supervision of the Manager, Customer Service, the Customer Service Representative will monitor and update all freight within their assigned region providing internal updates as well as customer/scorecard notifications as they will use this knowledge to work directly with the Over the Road (OTR) business unit and is responsible for successful completion of tasks that ensure best in class customer experience and satisfaction.
The Customer Service Representative will use a positive, customer focused attitude to leverage their knowledge of the Company's operations in order to deliver a resolution that is satisfactory to the customer. Additionally, they will collaborate with the Strategic Customer Service Representative, as necessary, on issues requiring additional knowledge and/or experience to effectively resolve
* Provide internal & external updates through completion on loads moving within their assigned region.
* Perform track and trace requests of freight in various modes of service.
* Provide prompt and courteous service to customers served by the region through fielding inbound inquiries via phone, email and electronic data interchange portal.
* Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport on each call.
* Work with Customer Service Manager to ensure daily customer relations activities are completed.
* Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
* Interpret shipping status data accurately and communicate information to customers in a concise and professional manner.
* Respond to billing inquiries and refer to billing team as required.
* Ensure customer satisfaction and provide exceptional customer support.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Customer Service in support of customer relationship management goals.
* 1+ years of experience in a customer facing capacity, such as sales, customer service or relations.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook etc.).
* General user knowledge of electronic data interchange and customer relationship management systems such as Mercury Gate or similar.
* Call center, third party logistics (3PL) and/or trucking industry experience is preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilitiesand skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be perform duties outside of normal requirements from time to time.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.