About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We shape the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 93,000 individuals and believe a diverse and inclusive culture is one where everyone succeeds. That's why we're committed to creating an environment where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential.
With us, you'll have a chance to innovate with the world's leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We're focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions-join us at JLL.
The Facilities Manager is the manager on site and provides leadership and direction to a team of highly skilled technicians and managers in delivering facilities management services in a professional office environment. This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured byKey Performance Indicators. Additionally, the expected levels of service delivery must be achieved at the lowest possible cost, minimally within the prescribed budget for each facility. The Senior FM is part of a Regional Operations Team that provides services to the client across the United States, Mexico and Canada.
What this job involves
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets overall vision and leadership for the operations team.
- Establish and execute strategic direction for operations and maintenance team in alignment with client goals.
- Ensure all Client and JLL safety procedures are followed. Develop training programs to increase team technical capabilities.
- Coordinate the operational aspects of the properties in a manner which protects, maintains and improves thevalue of the client's assets.
- Inspect buildings' physical plant routinely to guarantee that building services are at the highest level of quality standards. Monitor and review preventive maintenance programs.
- Utilize data to develop trends and insights that will drive continuous improvement in the site performance.
- Manage third-party contractors / vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties.
- Team with Contract Manager to bid and contract for scheduled and operational maintenance and project services.
- Transform existing operational practices to leverage JLL tools, processes, relationships, best practices to ensure service delivery is high efficient and effective.
- Maintain Site performance indicators.
- Lead / assist in site incident investigation, utilize structure problem solving to identify root cause of failures.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with Client General Manager and Operations team.
- Primary interface with client representatives. Collaborate to determine client expectations. Ensures delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with JLL performance.
- Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery.
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
- Work with regional Managers to provide the strategy, vision and continuous improvement to drive the facility personnel to advance the quality of service delivery and further the client partnership.
- Foster a collaborative teamwork environment. Promote energy and enthusiasm. Maximize productivity. Motivate employees with recognition and career growth opportunities.
- Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard CMMS tools, processes and systems where possible. Ensure facility compliance with use of the new tools.
- Complete all performance reviews, both mid-year and year-end, on a timely basis. Ensure that individuals that do not achieve excellence or show significant performance problems are coached and put on improvement plans. Work with HR to ensure proper performance management steps are taken.
- Work with the Regional Management team to source employee career growth and development opportunities within or outside of the account. Understand employee career growth aspirations to enable matching of firm needs with employee abilities.
- Develop and maintain operating budgets for all sites, meeting targets as defined in KPIs; and, provide written variance analysis and forecast to client.
- Meet facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving significant savings in year one and two of outsourced operations.
- Work with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost savings opportunities and support their contracting efforts.
- Work with finance and accounting professionals to produce on-time and accurate reports, including cost savings initiatives, variance analyses, etc.
- Develop property specific multi-year capital improvement project plans; and, manage the process to complete the projects.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in business administration, engineering technology or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of eight to ten years of industry experience required, including oversight of technical teams.
- Experience in managing Maintenance and Critical Environment Technicians, preferably in industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing 24 / 7 operations in a fast-paced work environment.
- Superior client relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints.
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation.
- Basic understanding of commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods.
- Familiarity with and understanding of building systems.
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision.
- Excellent prioritization and conflict resolution.
- Proficient in and experience with CMMS and Microsoft Office Suite(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Possess strong written, verbal and people skills.Strong organizational skills and collaborative management style
What you can expect from us
We succeed together-across the desk and around the globe and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
Apply quoting reference REQ145312 at jll.com/careers.
JLL offers competitive wages and benefits to eligible employees, including:
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, Dental &Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Executive Benefits
- Parental Leave Pay
- Short and Long Term Disability Leave
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information.If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.